Sunday, May 15, 2011

Why?

Down Syndrome affect 1 out of 800 babies born. Sometime I wonder why Bentley? I wouldnt change the fact that Bentley has Down Syndrome for anything in this world. But I just cant help but wonder, what did I do to deserve this little boy? This little boy that has taught me more about life in 3 months and 5 days than I've learned in the almost 21 years that I've been alive? Every morning I wake up and see these gorgeous blue eyes and this sweet face looking up at me.


Now that I have Bentley in my life, I cant imagine my world without him. Nor would I want my life to not have him in it. Hes such a sweet and good baby. He loves gibber gabbering now and he loves when I talk back to him. 


Complete strangers have stopped me in the store or I've noticed them glancing back at Bentley. It makes me wonder do they know, somehow do they know that Bentley has Down Syndrome? Are they judgemental of me because I've brought this child into this world that has Down Syndrome? I really do not care what people think of me or Bentley. We have each other and our family and friends that have been there every step of the way!

On Another note Bentley does to the eye doctor on Tues. for his eyes, this is routine for babys with Down Syndrome. So I hope and pray that everything turns out for the best and if God has other plans for Bentley and his eyes then its another part of life that Bentley and I will deal with as it comes along.


I'm Not Lucky--I'm BLESSED!--YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment