Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day & Other Updates..

Bentleys first easter was great, we had dinner with my family and then spent the night with William. The weekend before that we went to an easter egg hunt for children with Down Syndrome. There were quite a few kids with Down Syndrome there, each one special and beautiful in their own different way. I had quite a few people say to me, "It took us awhile to take our child out and get involved." But the way I see it is. Bentley has Down Syndrome, theres no cure for it, hes always going to be Bentley and I'm not ashamed. Heres some pictures from Bentleys first easter.










On Friday, 5/6/2011 Bentley went back for his 3 month well check up. He is now 23 inches long & 11 pounds 2 ounces. Dr. Cerjan Bentleys doctor said he was small on the normal chart, that if I wanted him to he could chart Bentley on the Down Syndrome Chart. But I sit and wonder, whats the big deal if hes charted on the regular chart or the DS chart? Can't things be simple for just once, just one time please? Cant I just leave him on the normal chart? Whats normal? What the definition of normal somebody please tell me, is anybody on earth truely normal? I dont think so, we all have our flaws no matter what they are. Bentley got 2 shots and had to take a medicine by mouth. Everytime he gets shots it just breaks my heart, and the look that he gets on his face and the way that he crys and the crocodile tears makes me want to cry and punch the nurse that gave the shot in the face.



Today was my very first Mothers Day! I didn't need any gifts, because I have Bentley. I will always have Bentley and I truely could not want anything more than him. I never imagined being able to give one little boy so much love. I could never imagine loving anything more than I do him. Awhile back I was in the Drs. office waiting for my checkup not long after I had Bentley, and Dr. Herring came in and apologized for being late but she had to do an emergency DNC. I thought alot after that. Here I am just blessed with a little boy, yes a little boy with Down Syndrome and I thought it was the most horrible thing that Bentley had DS. But here was a woman, a family, losing a child. I have no idea who the woman was and never will, but my heart broke for her. It made me realize yes Bentley has Down Syndrome, but hes alive, so far everything with him has checked out great, so once again, I've been truely blessed.

Mommy Loves You Bentley Dean Carpenter!!











This is the face that I woke up to on Mothers Day, the face that kept me smiling all day long!!




1 comment:

  1. aww I teared up..again. Bentley is such a beautiful and good little baby! You have truely been blessed, like you said he may have DS but he is stll perfect!!

    ReplyDelete